Postdoctoral Scholar - ImmunoX Collaborative Project
We seek a highly motivated candidate with a PhD or MD/PhD and a background in Immunology to lead a funded single cell multi-omics project to study the maturation of the developing human immune system. For this project, the candidate will be embedded in the UCSF ImmunoX Data Science CoLabs and perform experiments to interrogate the single cell transcriptional and metabolic changes that accompany the transition of the immune system from a program of predominant tolerance to one of protective immunity in a unique set of human peripheral blood and tissue samples. The candidate will work closely with labs of the four co-PIs of the project: Gardner Lab, Halkias Lab, Rutishauser Lab, and Scharschmidt Lab with the plan to embed in one lab primarily to ensure optimal mentorship based on the career goals and prior experience of the selected candidate.
We seek candidates who will foster a creative, inclusive, and collaborative environment. Members of underrepresented minority groups and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary adjusted for cost of living. Preferred start date as soon as possible.
The postdoc will embed in the UCSF ImmunoX Data Science CoLabs and lead a funded Co-Project to study immune development in early human life. The successful candidate will have broad experience with immunological methods and transcriptional data analysis, with an interest in team-based science and expanding their experimental and computational skillsets.
- PhD or MD/PhD in immunology or microbiology, or related field
- Extensive background in cell culture techniques
- Experience with flow and/or mass cytometry
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with next-generation and single-cell sequencing
- Strong track record of first-author publications
- Experience analyzing high-dimensional/ -omics data
We offer a competitive salary adjusted for cost of living
Please include in Application
- Cover letter